Wednesday, February 5, 2014

the God you "love"

I was talking with a brother the other day and here is what he says to me..."I see all these people around me and they all have missions and ministry, but I have none." Now being young and foolish and unable to descern the human heart (not that I can either) I ask him "what is more important, your ministry, or you loving Christ?". Now of course I went somewhere with this...I didn't just end it there. So anyway, lately I have been doing an study over the course of the last several months on loving Christ...how can I love Him more? How can I show that love? How can I love Him more honerably? What does it mean to truly love Him? How does loving Him effect me? Etc etc etc. What I have found out is that everything you do in life all must relate to loving Him. All is for His glory. Even the smallast sip of water. A brother blessed me by praying and praising Christ for the water last weekend at TGIF. I am about to be married (praise the LORD) and I am glorifying Him througnh this relationship...it is a marriage covenent based unpon Him and loving Him. But my point is...loving Christ is probably the most (And i say probably...I am no Bible scholar by anymeans and have not yet matured enough for definite answers like this) important aspect of our Christian walk. 
I have a question now. Do you remember the last time when, back in your Christian life, all that you ever wanted was Christ? Not a ministry, not a mission field, just Christ? All that you ever wanted was to just be with Him? Like I said I am about to marry the most amazing woman Christ created. I love Maegan. I lover her so much, and there is so much that she can do. She is so smart and talented. But I am not marrying her because I want something from her--I am amrrying her simply because I want HER. I just to be with her. That was one of the ways that I knew I loved her because we could sit down and be with eachother and not say a word. Just the joy of being in her presence was all that I needed. And this is the same thing we must do with Christ. I believe that we are (And I say we as Christians as a whole) getting to wrapped up in a ministry. So often have I heard (and prayerd myself many times) "God use me!" shouted out with such depiration for Him to use me, Him to need me. I hear cried out, "Give me a ministry!" "Give me a mission!" "Make me be great for you!" (A wonderful brother several sundays ago was determined that he would be 'big for Christ'). Yet how often do we silently and lovingly whisper in Gods ear "God just sit a while with me, let me hear your voice, let me smell your presence, just catch a glimpse of your eye" (you think this sounds femanine just remember I'm praying to my lover). I have been taking Maegan through Song of Solomon 4 lately, but in chapter three I see something so beautiful. 3:1-4 reads, "All night long on my bed I looked for the one my heart loves; looked for him but did not find him.2 I will get up now and go about the city, through its streets and squares;I will search for the one my heart loves. So I looked for him but did not find him.3 The watchmen found me as they made their rounds in the city. “Have you seen the one my heart loves?”4 Scarcely had I passed them when I found the one my heart loves." This woman is not searching for the man to say give me something to do so that I can be great--how prideful is that, instead it is "I love you, I need to be with you". And she got up and searched for him. Let us search for Christ just to be with Him. Let us do ministry as well and not forsake our jobs, but I want us to not forget our love and the sacred romance we have with Christ. He is our lover...lets start treating Him and acting like He is. 

No comments: