Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Lord Kill me if I don't preach the gospel.

John 13:20, “I tell you the truth, whoever accepts anyone I send accepts me; and whoever accepts me accepts the one who sent me."

August 18th, 9:30 I was trying to share the LORD with a co-worker. She claims to be a Christian, but is she I wondered? Randomly I just spouted the words, “John 13.”
“Oh yes,” she replied, “I know that one. ‘Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death’. Yeah, I know my bible.”
“Psalm 23 you mean?”
“Oh yes. What is John 13 again?”
“Jesus is betrayed.”
“Oh yeah, now I remember.”
“I tell you the truth, whoever accepts anyone I send accepts me; and whoever accepts me accepts the one who sent me.” After speaking with her I realize rather quickly that she hasn’t accepted Christ. Pregnant before marriage, divorced, alcoholic, gambler, cussing more than I care to hear but what really gets me is her using our LORD’s name in vain so many times. She justifies all of her action—“I’m poor, starting over you know. It’s tough times.”
“But that is what the LORD is for.”
“Yeah, but I really don’t have time.” No time for our LORD? No time to spend five minutes in prayer? It’s when I’m the busiest that I spend the most time in the word. If we let tough times come between us and the LORD are we really Christians? I can not say that you are. I can not, and I will not. Christ is first. If Christ is not the absolute number one priority in my life I pray that I die. ‘LORD kill me if I don’t preach the gospel’.

Enough said.

No comments: