Monday, April 11, 2011

My courtship (A story for Maegan Taggart, Gods gift to me)

April 11, 2010 Maegan Taggart had her computer opened. She scanned through numerous pages of scholarships for me to apply for, and teaching me how. I was going to college, she was going to college, and we were both working hard on getting as many scholarships as possible. Anyway, I simply told her that I would be right back and soon was across the room to her dad who was sitting at the computer. So I asked him to speak privately to him, and that Sunday afternoon I stood in the garage with a man whom seemed 12 feet tall, arms more muscular than that of a body builder, and I was certain that a shotgun was concealed behind his back and out of sight. I was scared. Naturally I was always slightly intimidated by this man...but for obvious reasons. For example, he naturally is tall and strong and just flat out scary...especially to the young man who was fixing to ask to court his oldest daughter. My gut made laps in my stomach acid, my head went light as the blood decided to go on vacation to my feet, my heart was in a speed race against itself and my sweat glands decided that it was hot enough (or I was nervous enough) to decide to start letting off the mixture of potassium, calcium, magnesium, sodium, water, lactate and uria (commonly known as sweat--the stinky, sticky, wet substance which is produced when either nervous or hot) I decided I was suffering from diaphoresis. (I know that diaphoresis is a medical condition associated with shock and medical emergencies, but I figured my heart was gonna blast out of my chest so I figured that was shock and emergency enough). To make the long, rambling story short...he said that we would talk. Our meeting was scheduled for April 13th. The longest two days of my life. Finally Tuesday came, the 13th. I kept a close eye out the window for their vehicle to arrive and what took only minutes kept me pacing for what my mind had convinced me was hours, days, and years. Time then sped up quicker than I had anticipated. We opened the door, and there was the scary, giant body builder, his wife, and their daughter (the beautiful woman I was praying to court.) I remember sitting down, Mr. Taggart across from me, Mrs. Taggart in the chair beside me and we talked...to be continued...

No comments: