Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My Courtship II

I remember talking for what felt like forever. As Mr. Taggart, not interrogating me, but more of what seemed like questioning me just to make sure I knew what I was doing. I was sweating. I was nervous. I don't know why men get so nervous when asking the father to allow them to be with the women. I'm sure it has something to do with needing to be accepted, fear of rejection. Though I wasn't afraid. I knew that if Mr. Taggart had told me no, then it was my LORD's will that I should not be with her. If he said yes it would only strengthen my belief that God had permitted me to be with the most amazingly beautiful, and Christ-loving woman. I already had a firm belief that Christ had given me the permission to be with her. I told the LORD, "I believe this is Your will, but am I seeing past my own emotions for her? LORD, make the impossible happen, and then I will know." And He did make the impossible happen. He replied in a way that I has asked Him too, and it was in a way that never would have happened. I knew, I believed, I spent months praying, and now it was up to her dad to make the final swing hammering the nail into the door. I just had to wait for the door to open. Finally, with what felt like forever and an eternity, Mr. Taggart said yes. Granted, I was shocked. I mean, I was stunned, astonished, amazed, happy. I honestly didn't think that this time would ever come. I remember I had to specifically ask him again, "So, I may court your daughter?" just to make sure that this answer was what I thought. He said yes.

1 comment:

Meggy said...

:D Part 3, part 3! :D I love you