Thursday, April 14, 2011

Biblical Manhood (P.W.) Part 2

As men we are called to be leaders of our home. When a woman looks at a man and sees that he is all about himself, an extension of his own dreams, his own life, when they see a man who is given to petty endeavors which he enjoys then a woman looks at that and thinks, "I've got to submit to that?" A man whose leadership is based only on his desires and lusts. So the whole house revolves around a man whose only concerned about his hobbies and self promotion. That will create bitterness in a wife and children. But it is a different thing when a woman looks upon a man and says, "My husband is a slave to Jesus Christ. He is seeking first the kingdom of God. His greatest passion is to glorify God in all things. The decisions he makes are not for himself, but for his Master." It is a lot easier for a woman to submit to that. He makes his decisions not as king, but a steward.

What is the ministry of a man?
1. The man's first job is to subdue himself to God.
2. It is not the task of man to then jump from himself to the missions. The next step to bring into harmony with the will of God is his wife. Not dictating her, but leading her into greater Godliness.
3. Then it is the bringing in harmony the hearts of his children to the will of God.
4. Then is is in the context of the church.

If a man neglects the second and third parts then a wife and child look at that and say, "So I have no part in the will of God?" And the world says, "I have heard your proclamation, now show me your life. Show me your family." The great test of a true man is not that people can see us in church and marvel at us, but that they can come home with us for a week and marvel at us. Marvel at the love between a husband and wife. The joy of the children in the fathers heart. Ministry of the wife and children. Then can a man minister in the church.

Romans 12:2 -- Do not conform to the will of the world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--His good, pleasing and perfect will.

God's will is perfect. There may be things in a mans life that takes up too much time and the man pushes his ministry to the side.

Matthew 22:37-40 -- Jesus replied, "Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: love your neighbor as yourself. All the law and prophets hang on to these two commandments."

Is this forefront in your mind? This is God's will. I can go weeks with my mind so filled with things that I don't even think about this.

How do I love Him more? Grow in the knowledge of Him. The more you know about me the more you will dislike me -- maybe even hate me. But the more you know about God the more you will love Him. This is the mans principle task. Only one thing is necessary: grow in the knowledge of God. And understand because if you love God and God is love you will love others. God doesn't need us, but He desires us to be obedient.

We mustn't scream to God "use me!", but "use my brother and let me carry his bags." If King Saul had said, "I've sinned, I've blown it. But now I will take David and help him anyway that I can." Love is promoting people, helping them, saying go further than me. It's not about ourselves, but that when we love we give our lives to help others grow.

John 3:30 -- He must become greater, and I must become less.

We no longer see ourselves as the center of the universe, but as God being the center. Loving God over ourselves is not being prideful, but looking at others and being joyful at what they are saying and rejoicing int he LORD.

What if on the day of judgement God din't say, "let Me see those you have led to the LORD, the countless hours you've studies." What if He said, "show me your wife." What is means to be a man of God is a hidden thing that only the people closest to you will know.

Matthew 6:9-10 -- Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come, Your will be done.

In this prayer you see the true man of God. This is not what I am, but what I want to be. The entire man is marked by this -- that the name of God be hallowed, that is be esteemed the way it ought to be esteemed. If we ever become kingdom builders let God strike us hard.

The Godly man is so passionate for God's will to be done he says, "Heal me if you can demonstrate Your glory. But if more people will worship You by taking my life then crush me. But heal me only if Your kingdom may be advanced.

Matthew 6:33 -- But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

If I lead based off my life and desires it will ruin my family. But if they look in my eyes and say I am seeking first the kingdom of God I am a Godly man. And women must encourage. Behind every great man is a great woman.

Matthew 11:12 -- From the days of John the Baptist till now, the kingdom of heaven has been subjected to violence, and violent people have been raiding it.

Men must be violent for the LORD. We have been given a great charge -- wife and children and nothing will work out without Christ. What my life depends on is grasping the word. Have I chosen the lesser tings over greater things? Have I chosen pleasure over ministering my wife, myself? The more I give myself to God, the greater my joy will be.

No comments: