Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Courtship (Not the end)

We walked out behind my house, she was walking on the right side of me. Beautiful, more beautiful then before. I wore camo shorts and a black tee, she was slightly more dressed up. At least she looked presentable, quite unlike me. I never thought that I would be there with her, to look in her eyes and ask the question which I had been longing to ask for months. It didn't take long. I was nervous. What if I said something wrong? Was there something romantic I was supposed to say first? Poetry was supposed to make women swoon, I didn't know any though. So I just asked, "Will you be willing to court me?" Now, she claims it was an immediate answer, but as the rate of my heart went from sprint to sonic boom speed, it felt like forever. Now time standing still is very cliche, and I never would say it less it were the truth, but time was standing still alot at this point in my life. She finally said yes. I have promised, and I hold to that promise, not to hold her hand until her dad gives it to me to hold at the alter. And I have promised God that I would not hug her or kiss till our wedding day, but yes I wanted to hug her, yes I wanted to hold her hand. The desire is only natural, right? Of course it is. I love her. I loved her then. I loved her more every day. She is the greatest gift, apart from Christ, that I have ever been given. I love Maegan Taylor Taggart.

1 comment:

Meg said...

I love you too darling.