Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Judge Not

So not long ago I was listening to Billy Graham. He said something that goes like this, "No matter what religion, no matter what belief, we should never tell a man that because they do not follow Christ they are not going to hell." Now this really caught me off guard. Jesus Christ said that He is the only way to heaven, but Billy Graham (whom I highly respect) was saying something that I didn't know if I agreed with or not. Why would he tell me to say to a Buddhist or a Muslim or a Mormon that because of their belief they will not enter into heaven? It really troubled me. I prayed about it, and finally talked to a great Godly man I know who seemed to clear it up for me. So based off what this man told me, Billy Graham is not saying Jesus is not the only way, but it follows right along with the sin of idolatry. Think about it...who is man to say what God can and can not do? Who is man to say a certain person is not going to heaven? Isn't that taking power away from God? And isn't that also creating a God in what we say He is? What Billy Graham was saying is that we are not to judge someone...that is God's job and God's job only. We as men can only present the truth to those who don't believe. That is all. We can't go around saying that certain people will never get into heaven. We have a job, and that is to tell the good news. God's job is to judge, so we can't take that position upon ourselves.

No comments: