Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A First Date

Today I have a date with my beautiful God-given angel, Maegan Taggart. I was trying to find a good movie for us to watch and stumbled upon a site all about dating. I knew it had to be biblically incorrect, but I was stunned, because on the description it said make sure to keep distance. I read that and was excited that secularists would hold to such views. I was wrong. As I read they were talking about distance from your family...intimacy with the girl you hardly know. It made me sad, sick, mad. It had points such as movie that will "turn her on", and make sure there is a blanket to "cuddle in", and keeps the lights off, and make sure to get really close.

Let me now tell you my ideas about what a proper date for me should be. This is what I have been called to by the LORD, not to kiss, hold hands, hug, cuddle, etc until I am married. I vow never to hold her hand until her father blesses me by giving it to me at the alter before the LORD to hold. That same day will be the day that I kiss her. Now I trust myself not to do anything wrong if we are alone, yet I don't want to put myself in such a situation. Therefore a double date is always a must. A date with my parents is common, today my brother, mother, grandma, and her sister will be present. There will be no blanket to "cuddle in". The lights will be dim, but that's because I'm going all fancy on here with candles and lights on behind us tv before us. We are keeping our distance. Same couch, but different cushions. We are not going to touch, hold hands, kiss, get comfortable together etc. That for me is my calling for a proper date.

And yes I do get ridicule from everyone about that, even some "are you serious," from close friends. Yes I am serious. I know, I'm weird, but I will not brake that vow. I see it like this...God has called me to do this, if I stay in His will and His authority then my Christian life and my relationship will be blessed. If I brake his command, my relationship, I believe, will be compromised and may be ruined. As well my spiritual life will not thrive. That is how I see it. I will not change. I will hold my vows.

No comments: