Sunday, July 3, 2011

Strategy of Missions

Scenario: You have a planned mission trip to East Asia, yet during the time that you are in the field your friend is getting married back in the states and you really don't want to be absent. Of course, this wedding is a once in a life time event. Naturally the rational American mind will say "there are plenty of missionaries in East Asia, plus there's a team of 6 going, why do I need to be one of them?" Well, this mind-set is not only prideful, but breaks God's commands of Idolotry. Before I explain why, first I must make clear that when a man goes into ministry and missions, this man must be willing to be alone. When people are told this many believe that this is direct reference to being hated in Africa, martyred in India, and people in New York making fun of you. But this is not what it means at all. If I was to mean that people in New York will make fun of you and mock you, I will flat out tell you people will make fun of you. But when I say you must be willing to be alone, it literally means that when your friends go to gospel retreats, and go to late night fellowship gatherings, and all go camping for the weekend, then you must be willing to spend your nights with God, and in the gosple, and give up all that you WANT to do, and do what God has CALLED you to do. Ask yourself if you are willing to give up every pleasurful meeting with friends, and going to band concerts to stay home with nothing but God. Are you willing to leave for the middle of the woods with nothing but God and fast for seven days making sure that you are right with God? If you are willing, then comes the next step. When God calls you will you go? Lecrea sings "go hard, or go home," "LORD use me." It's easy to say LORD use me, but when He wants to are you willing to 'go hard'? Will you be willing to give it all to God. I can't really write what I want to say, so there may be more to come later.

No comments: